Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Emerging from the Fog

It's been a while since I wrote about my dogs. Quite the roller-coaster these past months. I hadn't written about my puppy because it was very painful for some time. Kimi is just a love but his fears had me worried. They seemed unfixable.

This week my trainer commented twice on how happy Kimi is. He no longer cowers under my chair.  We do all the exercises like everyone else in class. He's still a little unsure of our sit-stays while I dance in front of him, but I would be too.

We also left a very unsuccessful agility class to begin again at a new place and Kimi is blossoming. He does everything so far except the teeter. While others were working on wobble boards, I was just trying to get Kimi to touch a board, any board, so we are a little behind. He shows courage on the teeter so I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually.

Today on our daily walk, Kimi calmly walked by a  moving school bus, which is huge. Counter-conditioning really works.

Kimi spends his days under my desk sleeping or playing with Maggie, his best bud. We head out after dinner to play agility. Our future together is looking very bright and I vow to write more.

Kimi Keeping Me Company
 
Kimi Does the Tunnel
 
Kimi Jumping 

No comments: