Tuesday, March 12, 2013

APJ Baby!

A USDAA show this weekend. We don't do very much USDAA, but this one was close to home. Maggie was very pokey all weekend and wouldn't go down on the table, but we managed to Q in our final run with a 1st place and new title - Advanced Performance Jumper. She also won $6 in the Performance Speed Jumping finals.

Still trying to decipher Maggie May. On Sunday, I gave her 50 mg of Anxitane, which is L-theanine. I take it myself to help me deal with my performance anxiety, so I figured why not. Funny thing is that I forgot to take my dose on Sunday. I left the two shelties at home so it was just us girls. I didn't put any vaseline on her nose. Sunday was pretty relaxed so we practiced lead outs outside the gate and her tail was wagging.

So at the next AKC show, we'll do the Anixtane and do our best to play while we wait at the gate. It's pretty intense and crowded at AKC shows and frequently someone behind me is having a fit about a conflict in the other ring.

No comments: