Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Saturday in the Park

I think it was the fourth of July.

And I've been waiting such a long time
For today


Saturday we headed to Karen's for our weekly sheltie get-together. Since it was a holiday weekend, Robyn was there wither her sheltie as well. Karen set up a Master's level course from one of the April shows. I haven't had much luck with Kimi there because of the traffic noise, so I decided to do the course on leash. He did great. We tried it again on leash. Same success. So I decided to take the leash off for the third run. He was amazing! I still need someone to hold the chute open and I still need to lure him through the weaves, but he did everything else fantastic! Including a flip back to the tunnel from the dog walk.

The rest of the morning we all played together. Kimi hid for a long time until Karen let her GSD Woody out to play. Kimi came out of hiding and we managed to get this group picture.

Left to right: Kimi, Rudy, Sophie, Dory, Woody, Siri, Chaos

Kimi's confidence grows daily. He is doing well in class. Once he figures something out, it's on to the next thing. I feel like a giant weight has been lifted from me and I am filled with nothing but joy.

No comments: