Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

So here we go on another journey with a shy dog. I'm trying so hard to remember that Maggie wouldn't walk down the street when we first got her. She was terrified of SUVs and traffic. I used to get so frustrated when she would just freeze on me. I wish I could remember when it stopped and she became a joy to walk.

Kimi is having the same issues. We have been doing LAT and now he is good with regular cars. Today was the community garage sale and he melted down twice around the massive number of SUVs and trucks. At one point he was so plastered against Shane, but he made it through. I have confidence it will go away, but who knows when.

We have been going to a pre-agility class and doing very well until it started to get dark earlier. Tuesday night, Kimi just froze on me and woudn't move. After a long talk with the trainer, we decided to just wait until next year for agility training in class. That will give me more time to work on his fear issues.

Wednesday he went to day care at the same place while I had class with Shane and Maggie. He appeared to be afraid of the A/C unit noise, so it'll be good to be around that while he plays with other dogs, which he loves to do.

Today, Kimi did a 180 turn. I can send him out over 4 jumps after his toy. He's all piss and vinegar at home. Can't get him on a board yet though.

Kimi is very sound sensitive so we'll keep working on that. Funny he can sit with me watching a Formula One race on TV, but the garbage truck freaks him out.

No comments: