Monday, June 18, 2012

Kimi's Off to School

We started a couple of puppy classes. One is an agility foundation class and the other is strictly behavior. We're a little behind in both classes, but we're holding our own.

Kimi is working on different surfaces in agility pre-school. I've found that he won't do stuff if I ask him, but if I leave him alone, he'll do it on his own. Everyone else is working on backing up and we're still working on getting on. I was so driven with Shane, but this time I'm taking it slow.

In behavior class, we are working on being around crazy dogs. Man, if I had to deal with what these other people are dealing with, I'm not sure I'd ever get a dog. Kimi is developing some fears, and I want to nip those in the bud. We were walking last week when the trash truck went by and now Kimi is afraid of large trucks. He seems to work things out on his own though. We had trouble the other day walking by a parked boat, but yesterday he was fine.

So far, Kimi has learned Sit, Go Get It, Leave It, and Spot. Down is going to be tough with this guy.

Playing Fetch with Frank

No comments: